Anita Gray deals in Asian and European porcelain and works of art. We have been established in Davies Street, London, for over 45 years.
Our speciality is Chinese porcelain and works of art from the 16th to the 18th century made for the Imperial court, the Chinese domestic market and export markets.
Our clients include major museums in Europe, the USA and the Far East, private collectors and people who just happen to find us and discover how intriguing and pleasurable it is to of handle an object made so long ago, so far away, by the people who held the secret about porcelain-making for many hundreds of years before the rest of the world discovered it.
We have arranged a number of lectures in Davies Street, inviting museum curators
and academics both from here and abroad to talk about their collections.
We have either purchased pieces on behalf of, or sold pieces to, various museums and Institutions, including:
- Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
- Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Currier Museum of Art, USA
- Groninger Museum, Holland
- The Hong Kong University Museum of Art
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), USA
- Lowe Art Museum, USA
- The Museum of East Asian Art, Bath
- Museum of South Wales
- Nanchang University Museum
- Ostasiatisches Museum, Stockholm
- The Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA
Musée de la Compagnie des Indes de Lorient, France